Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chalkey's Escape From Pallet Take 2, Part 4


It's comforting to know that something that was once really difficult is now relatively easy. When my last run failed, I decided to take on a few areas just for one before I restarted the file. The Fighting Dojo annihilated my entire team at this point - an injustice that was rectified by Pidgeot alone this time around. Pidgeot and I laughed as we crushed every pokemon in the entire dojo - the whole time breaking the "No shoes in the dojo" rule that was apparently strictly enforced.

After this, I felt confident enough to face Blue and head up Victory Road. Again, as a point of pride I had to prove to myself that my Pidgeot was superior to his for nostalgic rivalry, though all the training in the dojo kept this in the bag. His Alakazam gave me a lot of trouble and required a sacrificial kill from Snorlax to get the job done. Rest in peace, you fatass.

In my last patch of grass, I found a Primape. After a critical hit almost killed my Jolteon, however, I instinctively ran from it out of self preservation. Better to lose a chance of catching than to lose a hard trained pokemon at this stage of the game - with Snorlax gone, my fighting team is down to three.

When I get more time to play, there will be lots of grinding involved.

Captain's Log:
Time: 7:30 (seven hours, thirty minutes)
Pokédex: 16
Badges: 8
Lineup:
-Fat Blasta the Blastoise, level 51
-JBlox the Pidgeot, level 43
-Jeps the Jolteon, level 42
-Liz the Doduo, level 24

Casualties:
-Dick Eater the Spearow
-Mr. Nido the Nidoran M (in-game trade)
-Steph the Pidgey
-Ari the Diglett
-Shannon the Pidgey
-Joey the Snorlax
Total dead for the cause: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment