Friday, April 16, 2010

In which our hero's journey begins

Name: Captain
Game: Silver
Level of Experience: Very low

I made the decision to name all of my Pokemon after philosophers, and so of course was obligated to name my starter, a Totodile, Socrates (despite Ari's horrible horrible suggestion of Aristotodile). Socrates and Captain Jonah set out from New Bark Town on a frustrating quest to find Mr. Pokemon. Frustrating because every tall grass patch I had to walk through before I got my Pokemon amounted to a Pokemon I couldn't have. Thank you Nuzlocke. So the first Pokemon I was able to catch was on that little bit of Route 46 that you can get to without HMs. It was a Spearow, one of my all-time favorites and I named it Kierkegard. (Not enough letters for the correct spelling). I just thought Kierkegaard was a good bird-name. Kierkegard and Socrates did OK for a while, and I was able to pick up a Zubat named Nietzsche stumbling around the Dark Cave and - in a stroke of good fortune - a Ghastly, who I named Spinoza. I found him in Bell Sprout Tower.
Then I did something stupid. I ventured into the Ruins of Alph and solved the slider puzzle. I wasn't gonna fight anything til I'd leveled poor Nietzsche, but I forgot that once I solved the puzzle I'd fall in... And so, readers, Nietzsche came to be the first casualty of the game - killed, ironically by the Unknown (or rather by the Unown). It was a one hit KO. Nietzsche didn't stand a chance. However, I did catch the bastard that did it and named him Descartes.
I got the hell out of dodge and did some leveling than tackled the Bell Sprout Tower for real. Now all I have to do is beat the Sensei and I get Flash - I only hope someone in my team can learn it.

Party
Socrates - Lvl 11 Totodile
Kierkegard - Lvl 9 Spearow
Spinoza - Lvl 9 Ghastly
Descartes - Lvl 9 Unown

Graveyard
Nietzsche - Lvl 4 Zubat. Killed by Descartes in the Ruins of Alph.

2 comments:

  1. If it can learn it, teach it to Descartes. Unown are kind of worthless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scratch that, Unown only learns hidden power. That's it forever.

    ReplyDelete