Tuesday, April 20, 2010

In which hardships are faced

Since my last post, I obtained some new fighters: A Bellsprout named Lao Tze, A Hoppip called Epicurus, and a Zubat, finally. I'm calling this one Heidegger. Fought Falkner easily with no casualties. I ought to have picked up an Onyx in Union Cave, but I very very foolishly thought my newly caught Bellsprout was a week enough choice to damage him. Yes, I thought that maybe the giant rock monster could stand up to my tiny flower for one hit, but that is real world logic and in Pokemon land, I one-hit K.O.'d it. Since then I have learned that with an attack that is super effective against no one, attacks that cause sleep and paralysis, and Mean Look, which keeps Pokemon from fleeing, Spinoza the Ghastly is basically tailor-made to catch other Pokemon. Hopefully I won't have a repeat of that incident.

But my failure to catch an Onyx was nothing compared to the tragedy that was about to strike. Caught completely off-guard by a rival battle coming out of the Slowpoke Well, My Rival Hook's Bayleaf killed Socrates. I suppose it's somewhat appropriate - the original Socrates was killed by a plant, too. Still, without my starter things are going to get tougher. I've resolved to do a lot more training before I move on.

Pokedex
7

Play Time
6:23

Badges
1

Party
Epicurus, a Lvl. 9 Hoppip
Lao Tzi, a Lvl. 13 Bellsprout
Spinoza, a Lvl. 14 Ghastly
Descartes, a Lvl 12 Unown
Heidegger, a Lvl. 8 Zubat
Kierkegaard, a Lvl. 13 Spearow

Graceyard
Nietzsche, a Lvl 4 Zubat killed by Descartes in the Ruins of Alph.
Socrates, a Lvl 15 Totadile insta-killed by my rival's Bayleaf in Azalea Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment